1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Brick chips, What is everyone charging to install?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CuttinUP, May 31, 2005.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to see what everyone is charging to install brick chips into existing beds. I can get the brick chips for $61.62 @ half cu. yd. I have to pick up brick chips and haul to the job. 27 tree ring mounds to do. Any help with how to price this would be greatly appreciated. I figured it to be about 1.5 cu. yd. puting it on at 2 inches. Thanks, for any help! :confused:

2. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

27 trees with only 1.5 cu yards?

3. CuttinUP

Only 3 feet in diameter each. Is this not correct?

4. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

I pay $85.00 a yard for brick chips and charge $160.00 per yard delivered and installed with trenches. Extra charge for weed/grass, etc removal. Have a good wheelbarrow and a strong back handy. 1 cubic yard of brick chips covers about 100 sqft and looks good.

Matt

5. CuttinUP

Thanks for the info GrassMasterNC. I think that I need to look around some more for brick chips because my cost for a half yard is $61.62, That seemed very high to me. My calculations come up with about 1.5 yards for the 27 trees that have mounds 3 feet wide, but that seems low to me so I am quoting it at 2 yards and the trees are spread out across 3 acres so I will be wheel barreling most of it, and I am going to trench the beds. With all that and at $61.62 a half yard, I was going to quote $725.00 for the job. Does this sound reasonable for the conditions and the cost of the brick chips and also I have to pick up and deliver the brick chips? :help: