Brick cutter?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by CapeMay609, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

https://www.pavetech.com/pub/media/...edb2bc7bdaa94de933/p/a/paversplitter_01_1.jpg

I kind of want to buy one of these to come along to the jobsite with my gas and electric brick saws. Not sure why, but I'm kind of a sucker for old timey man powered equipment. Anybody have or use these and is there any merit to buying one? Certainly the lack of dust, mess, noise, etc. would be worth it for a small job if this tool worked.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Block splitters work pretty dang good. Sometimes the cheaper block we have around here doesn't split very well(menards) You can make decent 90* corners with them if you can get a solid block(step tread usually) for the corner piece. I would start trolling craigslist for one, they are usually a hundred bucks or so.

3. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

A block spitter is used for rock faced cuts. You wouldn’t use it for a seamless course.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

All the videos I've watched show them using it on pavers. even saw a video that looked like a large commercial project with clay brick.

Anyway, in the meantime, anyone have the fuel injected Stihl 500i handheld demo saw? I'm thinking of getting one for my next purchase