Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about how many of you guys have The Brickman Group as a competitor in your market. If so were they there first and if not how was your company affected by them when they came to town? Also I would love to see pictures of their crews, trucks facilities etc. I am in a market that they have not entered yet but soon will be, and I want to know what to expect.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
if u do condos or shopping malls they will try to get them.
brickman, davy tree/lawncare and true green all are in my area and are fighting to stay busy, they have undercut most large contracts in the area by alot putting some of the smaller guys out of work plus they undercut each other driving the prices down even further i understand what they are doing but wish they would stop they are taking contracts that were well maintained for years and bidding in some cases 20 to 50 thousand less. and the work shows it but what can u do.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Like PJ said, I see them at malls and condos. But, I could care less about them and they probably the same about me.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I think they are pretty big everywhere...from what I understand, they are the largest in terms of mowing...other services, I don't know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by rodfather
I think they are pretty big everywhere...from what I understand, they are the largest in terms of mowing...other services, I don't know. [/QUOTE

I bought a mower form a gentleman over on the Eastern side of the State of Illinois. I thought he was just a mower dealer for Exmark. Come to find out,he has 38 mowers in his fleet. I asked him who around had that many machines rollling and he did say Brickman.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Brickman, True green cut price and davey are all here. Brickman even cuts costs on equipment I saw one of their trailers was a 6x16 enclosed but the sides and top were made of expanded metal (mesh) so, I donno? They just cut each-others prices and getting lots of jobs. They do mainly commercial. TGLC does a lot of comnmercial and res.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
According to their ads in the trade magazines, they are in 22 states.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Do they offer stop shop service? I think not!that is why these guys don't scare me;They can't offer the personalized service I can.Let one of my clients call up and say can you cut my lawn on x day because of a special occasion;I doubt it would happen.That's why I stay clear of real large commercial;they go for the low price not the service.In my experience this is the norm that is why I picked a niche market.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Originally posted by thartz
That's why I stay clear of real large commercial;they go for the low price not the service.In my experience this is the norm that is why I picked a niche market.
That is their niche...volume at a low price.

·
Registered
486 Posts
rodfather;You got it.I'm not into large volume.I'm into large personalized service.I don't think their clientele is going to invite them to personal functions.I get that luxury.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Originally posted by thartz
rodfather;You got it.I'm not into large volume.I'm into large personalized service.I don't think their clientele is going to invite them to personal functions.I get that luxury.
Now you said something I hope others understand...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Brickman is in my area too. Around here they run all brown Fords with enclosed trailers and a truck full of hispanics. From what I've seen, they run all Scags, Echo, and Little Wonder. A guy I'm real good buddies with is out to be bigger than Brickman. Maybe some of you know him. He has 3 branches in my state, one in Indiana, and he's opening another in florida if he already hasn't done so. The compnay is called Perfect Landscapes Inc. They specialize in stone work but they also run a lot of mowing crews. I bought my second Scag off of them that's why I know. They run all Fords, some F250's, F350's, and E550' dumps. Every truck is a ford guaranteed. I know he also has most of his trailer red and enclosed made by Pace. And of course, he runs all Scags, Echo handhelds, and Stihl saws. He's like my idol pretty much cause he's only 23 and I wanna hook up with his sister :D .

·
Registered
457 Posts
Originally posted by lawnkid
Brickman is in my area too. Around here they run all brown Fords with enclosed trailers and a truck full of hispanics. From what I've seen, they run all Scags, Echo, and Little Wonder. A guy I'm real good buddies with is out to be bigger than Brickman. Maybe some of you know him. He has 3 branches in my state, one in Indiana, and he's opening another in florida if he already hasn't done so. The compnay is called Perfect Landscapes Inc. They specialize in stone work but they also run a lot of mowing crews. I bought my second Scag off of them that's why I know. They run all Fords, some F250's, F350's, and E550' dumps. Every truck is a ford guaranteed. I know he also has most of his trailer red and enclosed made by Pace. And of course, he runs all Scags, Echo handhelds, and Stihl saws. He's like my idol pretty much cause he's only 23 and I wanna hook up with his sister :D .
Here's what he has to do to be bigger than them ;
323 million in sales per year !
5400 employees !
in business 68 years 3 x your friends age :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
About 2 years ago my friend who is a scrub got his van's window busted and life threatened by 3 brickman employees!!!!
I told him to go and slash the 2 rear tires of their tandeem axle trailer that or all of them, better yet steal the whole truck with the equip. and paint it, buy some insurance, then you won't be a scrub

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.