Lawn Care Forum banner

Brickman/Valley Crest New Name

22K views 59 replies 25 participants last post by  grassmonkey0311 
#1 ·
BrightView.

#52 ·
People will laugh at me for saying this, but it wont be long till they are sold again or divided up and sold off. As a publicly traded company their worth is not on size or gross, its on growth. You can only bid so low, you can only pay H2B guys so little, you can only buy truck so low and mowers so low etc till you cant grow say 10% every year to keep shareholders happy.
They are good with getting account and big gross, but net and growth are something else and once they hit the floor they will soon be dealt with in one way or another.
Their success makes me think division sell offs or regional.
BINGO you got it, thats what im saying come in low ball ef up an industry and move on. aquire and merger- next

when they come for your contracts i beg you to stand your ground and not lower your prices. the big secret that always comes out in the end of year gross pay outs is that they lower the bids for basics and over charge for the additional and inevitable services.

#54 ·
Commercial prices are probably about half of what they were in 2004... Sound right?
Posted via Mobile Device
We don't have any nationals in my area yet, but the arbys gets mowed for $20 with tax included and done with a 21". Few other fast food places and gas stations are just a tad higher. A few acre church goes for $25. I don't see the big deal with commercial work in my area anyway
Posted via Mobile Device

#56 · (Edited)
i tried to work for this collection of schmucks. it was awful rules, procedure, paperwork. if you made them money and got the job done with experience but broke some rule or sub category of a rule you are thought to be an *******.
Yup, yup, that's why I'm self employed, that's why I don't work well with others.

every single mundane aspect or personality or action is micro managed. how you walk or talk, how you dress, drive, poop, eat, think. you are not an individual able to tie your shoes with out some youngster telling you thats not what the employee manual says.
You didn't read the agreement and all of the paperwork you signed when you were hired?

for some stupid reason if an irrigation head is broken you cant change the head they require digging all the way back to the lateral and replace all swing pipe with bluelock.
Well, I hear you but it's the same logic I use:
- When I pull a spark plug, I put a new one in.
My attitude is, don't ever put an old part back on the engine it just came off of, especially not a cheap part.
It's different if I have to pull an alternator to replace a water pump, of course I'm not replacing the alternator.
At the same rate if I replace the plugs on a vehicle I'm also thinking about replacing the wires.
And if I replace the wires, I may well replace the cap and rotor.
So you can bet I'm replacing the water pump gasket, and you can bet I'm inspecting every part on the way.
Simple reason, I'm already going through the motions, might as well do it right.

Same when I remove a carburetor, I usually replace the gaskets, the fuel lines and the fuel filter as well.
Simple reason, I'm already going through the motions, might as well do it right.

Granted the way Brickmann does it may seem a bit overbearing, but then I'm sure they must have their reasons and besides I don't work for them.

I Think that's stupid. I like the brown trucks a lot
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup, yup, that's why I'm self-employed, that's why I don't work well with others.

#57 ·
People will laugh at me for saying this, but it wont be long till they are sold again or divided up and sold off. As a publicly traded company their worth is not on size or gross, its on growth. You can only bid so low, you can only pay H2B guys so little, you can only buy truck so low and mowers so low etc till you cant grow say 10% every year to keep shareholders happy.
They are good with getting account and big gross, but net and growth are something else and once they hit the floor they will soon be dealt with in one way or another.
Their success makes me think division sell offs or regional.
You don't know what goes on behind the doors of Brickman. You have no idea what their gross and net are you're just make assumptions.

I can assure you they aren't going anywhere.

They must be one hell of a lowballer to be grossing close to a billion
Posted via Mobile Device

#60 ·
Probably a good move to combine resources. Stop bidding against each other and work to the greater good of each. The name BrightViews lame lame lame. Should have gone with BrickValley vistas. Or something along those lines.
Posted via Mobile Device
They are going with BrightViews??

Around here they are still advertising as Brickman, even their ad's for employment say Brickman. Odd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.