1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Briggs 18 horse carb. rebuild

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cableman, Mar 3, 2006.

1. cableman

cableman LawnSite Member

I need to rebuild the carb on my 18 horse Briggs model # 422437-0719. This engine has the non adjustable carb, I do have the kit(394502) ordered but I looking to see if anybody has rebuilt one of these? Are there any tricks I need to know before I start or is it a pretty straight forward install?

Thanks Cory

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

There is nothing to rebuilding this carb., But one thing to watch is the two small springs reference # 860 in the below pic. in the fuel pump. I put a little dab of grease on the two pins the springs sit over to hold them in place while assembling.

Good luck.

Briggs Twin Carb. Break-Down.png

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Rob is right.DONT forget to put a dab of grease on them studs in the fuel pump.I forgot to do it and spend two hours looking for the springs.After that carb rebuild I really needed a beer.

4. cableman

cableman LawnSite Member

Alright beer and grease, I can handle that. Thanks again for the info that is exactly what I'm looking for.
    Cory