Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Yes the big drive pulley must come off to get to a screw down in the center of the case in order to remove the top half.

Sears/AYP only uses the model number for parts look-up so the serial number makes no difference. The pic I posted is the trans-axle for the "model number" tractor you posted. If yours does not look exactly like the one in the pic someone has replaced it along the line.

Here is the full break-down, But.....Even if it is slightly different the problem at hand requires the same procedure to repair.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
ok this picture has the bottom half also ...looks more like it thank you.
and also thank you for putting up with me.....by the time im though with this i should be able to rebuild one of these dang things..lol

Discussion starter · #25 ·
restrorob i took the top of the trans axle like u said....very very careful not to let the spring and ball fall out,,,,but their was none there.
if im not mistaking you said it would be under the shift shaft..but not one there...also i was going to ask before i tried to get the shaft out ...it should go out from on top to the bottom (inside) right?? thanks again.

Hopefully this will clear things up....

Font Slope Parallel Motor vehicle Auto part

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.