Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, was diagnosed with Bronchitis on 9/29/2000 and have been suffering since. Sitting here on Lawnsite, watching TV, and inhaling air from the humidifier. Was better yesterday and planned on returning to work today...no such luck! Started coughing today and I think I'm coughing up lung tissue now. :mad: Plan on seeing M.D. tomorrow for new treatment plan!

Posting this in case you see me here a lot and wonder why I'm not working! My cousin is mowing for me and I've referred some of my aeration jobs to a good/reliable friend of mine. Sure hope he doesn't wreck the truck.

Ray

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Ray
Been their and know how much it hurts. To bad I'm on the other coast. After the help with the Lesco fliers you gave me, would aerate for you. Get better soon. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated and get off the computer and get some sleep.
John

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ray,

All our thoughts & wishes go out to you, man! Worst fear of all in our one-man operations is the fear of losing significant working time. Get better soon!

-TGC

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Get well soon Ray,
Isn't it strange that in the Medic field we can help people yet we are the last ones to get help. Come to think about it - my lawn is always the last to get mowed too. Good Luck.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey Kirby hope you get to feeling better soon,have also had bronc. several times in the past couple of years just get plenty of rest and dont worry about the business.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I know what you are going through. Get lots of rest and when you start back start SLOW. Use some type of respiratory protection during the fall leaf season. The dust will only increase your chances of feeling rotten. Now that you have had it, you run a greater risk of getting it again. Be careful and rest well.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Had the same diagnosis a month ago. I had been coughing so hard I would hurl while mowing. The Doc gave me a prescription for a "Z pack". Took care of it temporarily, then it came back, and now seems to be getting better.

Keep on it , Ive heard if left untreated it will form pneumonia. Many people have told me the antibiotics were needed for months.

Take care.

·
Banned
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stone, that would be N2O2 and I wish!

Toroguy and Getmow: I get this crap ones or twice a year so I've been in the "greater risk of getting it again" group for a few years now. Had it in March this year took 2 Z-pack, Biaxin, and a month to finally get rid of it. Sure hope it does not take that long this time.

Again, thanks everyone.

Ray

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
RAY: GET WELL SOON.I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DR. AT 9:00 WITH A MEAN HACK! WHEN I OVER EXZERT MY SELF I BLOW OUT A LUNG. HE PRESCRIBED A INHAILER TO ME HOPE IT WORKS.
GET WELL
ANTHONY

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.