• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

brown edger and pickup

pines

LawnSite Member
Just got a new brown edger and physically loaded on the back of the pickup tonight. A little heavier than I anticipated. Do any of you load this guy in the back of the truck or just use the trailer?

Just use the trailer, no need in killing yourself lifting heavy machinery in the back of the truck. That can lead to severe back injury or hernia. Take good care of yourself because without your health you have nothing. Guess ure gettin ready for those 30 trees huh?

OP
P

pines

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by NCSULandscaper
Just use the trailer, no need in killing yourself lifting heavy machinery in the back of the truck. That can lead to severe back injury or hernia. Take good care of yourself because without your health you have nothing. Guess ure gettin ready for those 30 trees huh?
Exactly!! Thanks for all your help and input.

OP
P

pines

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by Gilla Gorilla
Just out of curiosity how heavy is that edger???
Heavy as sh!t. ( I think 155 lbs.) I just took it off and put it on my trailer. Thought about loading it at the end of the day and thought better of it!!!

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
Not to get off subject about the edger, but I did that with my billy goat 10hp push blower last year for blow only properties. It was easy getting it into the truck, just getting out of the truck was the hardest part.

Albemarle Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
You can make cheap wooden ramps with metal end plates available at most farm/hardware stores.

Just space them to the width of the edger and up you go. Easy.

I busted a disk in my back last year. You really need to avoid those awkward, heavy lifts.

I now chew out my employees if I catch them not lifting safely.

Ken

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I just bought a nice pair of aluminum ramps on eBay. I'll use them for putting my Gator, pressure washer, and bed edger on the truck when I'm not using the trailer.