Brush Clearing

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by God'sGreenGrass, Sep 20, 2019.

1. God'sGreenGrass

God'sGreenGrass LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

Hey Guys!

I haven't seen any posts on clearing brush here......
    Iv'e been looking at clearing brush along fencing and barb wire fencing. Seems to be a lack of a work force there. Does anyone know anything about it? Dealing with barb wire I think you would charge a lot because of it being barbed, and charge by the foot...

You can pull up TONNS of images on google maps of over grown brush along fences:

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.065...4!1sr5ewwGUJdXcKMTQJLjkuMQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Post below and thanks for the help!

2. Marshall's Yard Service

Marshall's Yard Service LawnSite Senior Member

I was just thinking the same thing!

3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

It may be something to think about for winter when things are slow. It really isn't something I am too interested in now that I have been in business for so long. I will do it, I just don't go around looking for that kind of work. I used to. I used to do a lot of work for a guy with rental properties, and there was no telling what he would have me doing. It's just not really my thing now that I am not as young any more. lol...To me some of that gets difficult to price. Then you have to haul it away in some instances. I just find that the longer I am in business, the more year round accounts I get, and I don't have to fill my time up with that sort of thing. Not bad for some extra money if you need it though.

4. Keith4216

Keith4216 LawnSite Member

Growing up on farm with miles of fence line we would just spray them. Epa probably wouldn't like what we used thou.

5. OP
    OP
    God'sGreenGrass

God'sGreenGrass LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

True @Keith4216, what about old mangled fence line though? Or where extensive pruning is required? What did y'all do for that?