Brush cutter attachment for echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rippinryno, Aug 12, 2019.

1. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking to find a circ saw blade or a triangle style brush cutter attachment kit for my srm225's

I know stihl has a kit with basically just some washers and an attachment adapter. You replace the trimmer head with the kit and can then mount a circ saw style brush cutter.

Does anybody know if echo has one these? I'm trying to avoid buying the entire attachment since all I need to be able to do is a get the blade on it.

2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

3. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

that you sir, that's it, but really don't need anything in the kit except what it requires to mount lol.

i'll give them a jingle, may be the only way to get what i need.

4. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

hort101 likes this.
  5. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

I was looking for the same kit or something. Checked ace ,tractor supply and miejer. Found nothing. The home de pot is kinda far. Just went back and hacked the weeds with the srm with trim line. Worked pretty good. I hand tore out the bigger stuff. Took a half hr. Cheers.

20190809_153939.jpg

20190809_151110.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  6. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic

7. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

none if it is very woody but some are getting tall, the trimmer with line just flaps crap all over the place and gets all caught up. I either need one of these circular saw setups or a triangle metal one. These are super weeds that i hit about 3 times this year with roundup and 24d, no death. Thre are some smaller woody plants, but really just some monster weeds around buildings, slabs, and other areas that i need to knock down.

hort101 likes this.
  8. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic

I asked because what I remember the blade in your link had too many teeth to work well on saplings Thumbs Up
    from echo you can get kit without blade from link I posted
    Also I dont know if you can get aftermarket kit

9. Ron_Swanson

Ron_Swanson LawnSite Member

Hmm. When I bought my 3020 the dealer had blade kits and said it was super easy to swap over. Well the conversion linked doesn’t list the 3020, and it doesn’t sound so easy to install based on one of the posts above.

Maybe I just should get a dedicated brush trimmer and leave the 3020 for line.

10. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic

It shouldn't be that difficult
    The brushcutter version of your 3020 has a 25mm arbor and runs 10" blade according to catalogue
    Theres a note for your trimmer to run a 10" blade 20mm arbor I don't know why ask echo
    But the adapter kit is listed as the same as all other trimmers in my linkThumbs Up