• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Brush cutting/ Bush-hogging on the side. . .

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about doing some heavy mowing on the side. I'll be using a Billygoat Outback. What is your experience regarding: is there a market for this sort of mowing? Most folks stick w weekly lawn maintenance, but I'm after the one-timers or maybe would build up some accounts to service 3-4x per year.

My target is properties 1 acre or less that are too tight to get a tractor w bush hog onto.

If the jobs are out there, my next question is how much to charge. When I was a LCO years ago my rate was $1.10/minute (my bid to the customer was by the job, not by the hour, so this is just a figure I used to price my jobs in my head). Assuming the only equipment involved is my F-150 and the mower itself, what would you figure I should charge?

Marketability? Rates? Thanks in advance. . .

lawnkingforever

LawnSite Bronze Member
I started this service last summer with my DR Brushmower. It has been a nice add on business. I charge by the job, but I average 75$-$100 hr. depending on the difficulty of the job and what the customer wants done. For one time jobs make sure you get cash up front. There is a small but underserved market for this type of work.