1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Brush Grubber

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GravelyGuy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

2. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I ordered a pair. I'll let you know how they work out.

3. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

You could make one as good, or better, by taking a length of 2-3" diameter steel pipe (6-8" long), weld a short length of chain, to one point, on the outside of the pipe. You take the chain, wrap it around the trunk, (up to 4 -5"dia. is the capacity), and then thread it through the pipe, you then attach the chain to a longer chain, with a link hook, coming from the pulling vehicle. As the chain draws tight, it draws the trunk tight against the pipe, for a no-slip grip. That is what I used to use, before I got my 4n1 bucket on my asv.:laugh::waving:

4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I could make a lot of things if I had the room to weld and make things, I don't. Good idea though.

5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

we use a wire rope logging clinch for pulling out shrubs and small trees. they are about $45.

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

They came UPS today. The Brush Grubber Extreme is very heavy duty. I'm anxious to try it.