1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Brush hauling charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A1 Grass, Oct 1, 2003.

1. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I use my truck for hauling. The brush dump is about 3 miles from where I work (real convenient). Takes me about 45 minutes to haul and dump a load. In addition to what they charge me at the dump, how much should I tack on for labor?

Should I charge for 1man/1 hour? Less? More?

2. 1 hour labor sounds fair, dont forget to add something for use of truck.

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

In the spring, I was asked to haul a bunch of brush (real nasty thorny stuff). I used my 14' trailer and some 2" tie down straps and in about 2 hours cleared most of the stuff away. I dumped in the woods behind my house (my land) and charged 275 for the job. drive was 4miles.

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I charge the dump fee + 15%. then I charge another $30 for gas, use of truck, and labor.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I charge $30/load hauling fee plus labor time. No dump fee where I am.

6. PtsLwnCr

PtsLwnCr LawnSite Member

I charge 25.00 per load with dump trailer there is no dump fee here.

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here it would cost at least $200 a dump because the dump is far and about $50 to load up a pickup bed. :mad:

8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

65 per hour for the truck.50 for the hour of labor.25.00 for driving to the dump.the dump doesn't always charge a fee.it depends which one is open

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

depends on what you are hauling?????
    Grow it go (ie. leaves, grass, limbs, weeds and stuff like that) costs 5.00 cuft. I charge labor + 45 a trailer ( they call it 3 cuft.).

Total labor for an hour is 45. so 3 hours labor and a full trailer is 180.00. dump is 6 miles from house and on way from most lawns I service.

10. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Hourly Rate of $65.00 1 hour min. plus dump fee