1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

brush hogging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Mar 29, 2006.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

wondering what some of you guys are getting to do brush hogging wanted to start doing this year. i will be renting right now.

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

$75 per hour.

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I never charge by the hour. I charge according to the terrain, how thick the brush, how many objects in the way and sometimes how dusty it will be. I set a minimum around $100 unless I have several scheduled in close proximaty. I usually will bring around $500 to $900 in a 8 hour day, then its home for a long shower. No one around here rents bush hogging units, are u shure u have someone that is willing to rent u one?

4. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic

depending on ground but will charge anywhere from $22 to $26 per acre.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

60$ is about the going rate in this area!!!!!:waving:

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

$75/hr. $150 minimum

7. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I don't charge by the hour either. You can run into a lot of stuff when bush hogging. Walk the property too before you cut it down. You never know what you'll find or miss sitting on a tractor. Also if it's nasty I'll pass on it. The little amount you make on small nasty lots isn't usually enough to cover something you could break.