1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brush removal job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Timbo, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Timbo

Timbo LawnSite Member

I have a customer that wants an area of brush removed from the back of her yard. The size of the area is about 100'x15'. It is a wood line and she wants to keep all the trees. My job would be to remove any underbrush, sticks, leaves, etc. and open up the space a bit. I am trying to figure out how to bid this job the best. I figure at least 24 man hours, plus dumping fees. My partner and I have a range in between $800 to $1300. The plan of attack is with loppers, rakes, chainsaws, and a wheelbarrow.Any suggestions or comments would be useful. Thanks.

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

$1200 sounds about right to me for 24 man hours.

3. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The price range is good for the labor... add for dump fees, transport to dump miles. You may also want to use a chipper, it's a decent size job and the chipper would help allot. I would rent one since I don't own one (defer cost). Give yourself some leeway in the estimated hours. The leaf cleanup time can be deceiving, very deceiving.