1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Building leaf box on regular trailer...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Fresh_Cut, Nov 29, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Fresh_Cut

Fresh_Cut LawnSite Senior Member

This is what I wanted to know. I can deal with 20 minutes.

2. OP
    OP
    Fresh_Cut

Fresh_Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Pics?

3. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I have a 5'x10' trailer, and have made a leaf box out of 1" plywood and L-brackets....not very pretty, but works like a charm.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Platinum Member

the setup described was a previous employer my leaf is on a flatbed but still use pallet trick. Kinda like this but tied off and pull the truck away leaves stay and fall out of trailer.

5. JaekayDesign

JaekayDesign LawnSite Senior Member

If you can weld.. you can. Weld up a bin 4’ 8”w x 6’ tall and 10’ long.. weld up a mount over the tongue/triangle area.. rivet in sheet metal.. it doesn’t have to be as heavy duty as these guys buying these way to heavy dump trailers., it’s overkill., and heavy, and expensive.
    I’m about to get a 16-18’ trailer and modify it with a shelf for a big billy goat, weld up and rivet in sheet metal for a bin, make a spot up front (side ramp) for a mower or stand on blower, blower racks up front,take racks, etc. lightweight and everything you need to gather the leaves and get them up

Cam15 and MowDaddy like this.
  6. BMWNJ

BMWNJ LawnSite Member

7. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys around here just let the leaves blow off down the highway. Very annoying if you’re unlucky enough to get behind one of them

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I made an air scoop for my truck bed that channels all the air flowing over my truck into the bed of my truck. If I have a truckload of dry grass clippings or leaves, I'll uncover the load after work, attach the scoop, and fly down the highway at 85MPH at 11:30 at night.....no harm, no foul, no dumping fees!:cool2:

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd LawnSite Member

Here in Europe you get a ticket if you have nothing over it to cover the loose materials (sand, leafs, soil etc etc).

JLSLLC likes this.
  10. Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company LawnSite Senior Member

pics?