1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Materials in Ontario

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by sealing_guy, May 24, 2006.

1. sealing_guy

sealing_guy LawnSite Member

I am starting up an Asphalt Sealing company for this summer in the Belleville/Kingston Area. I have two questions,
    1. Where is the best place to purchase materials in bulk? I've seen the 5 gallon contractor pails in RONA but they are 30 bucks! Does anyone know of a place in Ontario where i can purchase materials at a decent price or where i should look?
    2. I'm looking into getting a spray system, but as a student, I'm trying to keep the amount i invest at a minimum. I have a utility trailer already, does anyone know what the best way to get a spray system for a decent price?
    thanks!

2. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

look into some of ray gauthier`s threads. he has alot of answers for ontario guy`s. I know there is a place in ottawa to fill up.(kinda far drive for you though)

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Up-Lands

Up-Lands LawnSite Member

Hey,
    How's business going sealing_guy?
    What kind of sealer did you end up getting?
    I've started up a sealing business in Ottawa, I'm using coal tar with diamond shield hardner. Seems to be a good product and you don't need to register for a tdg.
    It's expensive enough because of shipping but if you're interested let me know because more you order the cheaper it is.

5. tedford69

tedford69 LawnSite Member

Lafarge in Odessa sells it, I've never bought it there but friends have

6. Flyer123

Flyer123 LawnSite Member

I have found a place here in Pickering Innovative Products that sellls Sealer

Google the name and it comes up.

I have been quoted $1.32 per litre

Hope this helps Good luck

7. tedford69

tedford69 LawnSite Member

Hey Flyer I would try McAsphalt in the Toronto area first before you use the other guy because I was picking it up for $1.10 per litre from them in Ottawa. Check them out before you start paying out mucho dollars.

8. pusher21

pusher21 LawnSite Member
    from bolton

Hey what kinda licenses or permit do you need to transport and apply sealer in ontario TIA

9. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on how much you haul. You do need to registar your tank(s), which most suppliers will set you up for.