1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Materials

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by zosoruins, Oct 21, 2004.

1. zosoruins

zosoruins LawnSite Member

I own a mid sized nursery. i have pursued verticle integration for some time now and have just finished a farm that stocks my nursery with most of the material i sell at the nursery. My next step i think will be to start making my own bulk material, mostly mulch compost and topsoil. The problem is that i grew up around nurseries so i knew where to go when i started my own. The problem is that i dont have much experience when it comes to screening topsoil or making compost. I just dont know where to get started i have plenty of resources for this venture but i need some advice. Anyone wanna share some experience?

2. jdx2

jdx2 LawnSite Member

Have you ever considered a MISU (mobile integrated screening unit)? It is an Australian produced attachment that has had great success over seas. I think the MISU would be ideal for someone looking to break into the bulk screened materials market.