1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bull Rider vs. Havener Enterprises Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know why there is such a price gap between the two?

I am looking at the swivel sulkies...

The bull rider seems a lot mower expensive, but is it really work 300 more dollars?

I am thinking about possibly getting a Havener Swivel sulky and would really like some inputs or comments.

Thanks!

2. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got two havener swivel wheel sulkies, work great. go on ebay and the scrath and dent for 209 best offer w/free shipping.

3. ToroLandscaper

I was thinking of getting one off of ebay. Do you think they would take a 200 offer?

What was the "scratch and dint"? What was effected?

Also, did you get the 18" or the 15" arm?

4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 std 2 wheel from Havener scratch n dent and I cant see anything wrong and they work great.

5. ToroLandscaper

Anyone else?

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

You can request either arm from them at checkout. I have had an original Velke and would put these right in line with quality.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a one wheeled Havener that didn't last worth a darn. Total waste of $200.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Gosh they've gone way up in price, I paid as much for a new 1-wheeler not that long ago...
    Now that same one is like $250, a Velke is even more and forget the 2-wheelers, some go as high as $400!
    I mean if you can get one for $200, you ain't gonna find much cheaper, my opinion.

Other than maybe the Proslide, which it seems hasn't really caught on.

Look, here's one for $140 + shipping:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2-Wheel-Mow...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  9. ToroLandscaper

I know, that is a really good price.

I don't even own a walk behind right now, but I know I will have one sooner or later. I was thinking of getting a swivel sulky from them if I could do a best offer for like 200. Who knows though, I may just wait and get one later down the road, but I am just afraid I wont be able to find a better deal on these.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

havner is junk! cant get replacement parts-mine now is sitting in my junk pile -where it belongs