Bunton 48 part list and Mulching rebuild

I own a 1995 Bunton 48 hydrostatic walk behind with a Kawasaki 420 engine.
It is really rare in Norway.
My only local equipment shop have never heard of any dealer.
The parts Manual i have does not match the layout of my cutting deck.
its a 48" but has the brakedrum/brakeband shown on the Hydro 61 cutting deck.
Since i need to import all parts from US with expensive shipping, i would love to be sure of correct parts numbers.

Does anyone have a matching parts list or manual to this type?

Tried contacting Bob-Cat, but no response yet
Im also interested in replacing knifes with mulching knifes and and seal of the grass exit.
Anyone have any experience with that?

Cutting deck
Model BHC-48-EXP
Serial XBHC487E

Engine
Model BHT-14KAW-EXE
Serial XBHT645E

I now need a new deck spindle, belt pulley, and a Key square 1/4

DSC_0256.JPG
DSC_0257.JPG
DSC_0258.JPG
DSC_0259.JPG

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
Have you exhausted GOOGLE ?? Should be some info avail there, since ya gots all yer numbers, right ?

Spindles should be avail aftermarket/ fleabay, etc.

OP
N

Norwegian Bunton 48 owner

LawnSite Member
Have you exhausted GOOGLE ?? Should be some info avail there, since ya gots all yer numbers, right ?

Spindles should be avail aftermarket/ fleabay, etc.
Thank you for your advice.
Yes we have google up here to, but unfortunatly google gives me 0 hits on model and serial numbers.

Since last letters in model number is exp, im wondering if its a rare export model.

Same parts yes, but so far i have not been able to find drawings matching this deck.

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
The pulley should be avail. at yer local power transmission store. Take old parts to them fer sample diameters.

AARON ABELL

LawnSite Member
Just Wondering if you figured out the part number because I'm having the same exact problem I have this same exact mowers and one of my spindles is badd and can't figure out which 1 I need

OP
N

Norwegian Bunton 48 owner

LawnSite Member
Just Wondering if you figured out the part number because I'm having the same exact problem I have this same exact mowers and one of my spindles is badd and can't figure out which 1 I need
No unfortunately i did not find exact part numbers.
But its kind of working now.
I bought this set https://www.ebay.com/itm/8TEN-Spind...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Its axle was 1 inch but my old one was 25mm. So when i installed it my break drum did not fit. I suggest using a digital caliper to determine what you have. My cheaper analog caliper on old worn parts was hard to tell if its was 25,04mm or 25.... Got a professional mechanic to double check my measurements and we where wrong....

I used the old machine key, grinded it down to fit the slot in the breakdrum then used a small engine cylinder hone tool to widen it.
Probably better ways to do it, but that is what i had in my garage

Took some time and a beer as you see ....
Only changed one as the other 2 are working and machine the other pulley wheels are time consuming.

On the good side, new mulching knives and blocking the grassexit turned it into a decent working mulching cutter.
Lawn looks much better now and less work

DSC_0055.JPG

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
That mower is just as rare here in the states these days.

however
Similar era machines of other brands are likely to be easily incorporated due to the extremely similar designs and loose tolerances.

as for google
The internet is so full of garbage options , the search engine is not as worthwhile as it once was.

you’re more likely to find forums than facts with a google search these days.

of you know what you’re looking for , it’s not that dangerous
But if you only have a vague idea, it can be hard to comb out the garbage.

AARON ABELL

LawnSite Member
Thanks for getting back with me Looks like I'm going to try the same thing that you did wish me luck my left hand shakes a lot I'm left handed so it's really hard for me to do some things but I worked for IMO in company 25 years ago and that is what they used when I worked there really love the mower hopefully I can figure it out it's really cool to hear a motor that has not ran in over 20 years as fire up for the 1st time which took a lot and a new carburetor But thanks for getting back with me