Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have stated in a previous post, I am a newcomer...I have a chance to pick up a Bunton Commercial walk behind.....for nothing....the kicker is, it hasn't been run in god knows how long...and really needs a good work over....Tell me....Is it worth the time and money???? it's a 48in. deck.....it looks heavy duty...but I don't know much about them...Are parts available?????? Thank you...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, parts will be available.

It all boils down to "how much is your time worth" on this project.

If you had this mower ready to mow it might be worth $450 to $900 (depending on condition) this time of year.

So if you have to put a new engine on it, you will not get your money back out of it through a sale. But it may be worth it to you. Your call.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Back in the early 90's I had a belt drive Bunton 48" walk behind. It was easy to run and easy to work on. If you are willing to put the money into a new motor, it would be worth it. If you are looking to resale it, it is worth virtually nothing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the engine i believe is fine....it's a 11hp honda...it's the other things i'm worried about....blades....etc..I think the ignition is missing....and some other things look shakey....is it a solid enough machine to put a couple of hundred bucks into????? i'm not thinking motor....the other crap....thanks!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
If its a hydro its worth quite a bit of money. Id say go for it If its a belt drive you might be carefully. But if you get it for no money the price is right if you have a place to store it.

I picked up a older Bunton hydro on E-Bay two years ago, I think its a 1999 model. It need a lot of deck spindles repair witch i did myself. Its a hydro 36" with a 14hp Kaw. And i had to give $500 for it but don't regret it one bit. It a well built unit rather straight forward design. Parts are available, but not many Buntons seen around this part of the country. Its a pistol grip drive with takes some getting use to, but i love it now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.