• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Burkeen Vibe Plow For Sale

SamIV

LawnSite Senior Member
Anyone looking for a used Burkeen plow. Unit has trencher and boring attachment with rods. Unit is for a friend of mine. Works fine, used it this week. Could use some paint. He is asking $8000.00 I think. Anyone interested PM me.

Thanks,
Sam

MikeK

LawnSite Member
Guys,
I know this is an old post but our Burkeen just snapped a front axle, I guess we cannot complain, it has close to 11,000 hours on it.
We are stuck pulling pipe with the Maxi and I am hating life right now. Still have these for sale? If not, do you know where I could get a Right Front Burkeen axle shaft?
Thanks

Mdirrigation

LawnSite Platinum Member
The axels are regular car or light truck rears I think they are danas that are shortened , go to a machine shop that shortens rears. Or call burkeen dirrect and see what they can do. Call around to cable installers to see if they have a parts machine around .

MikeK

LawnSite Member
Yes, it is a Dana Axle designed for off road equipment.
We may get a longer axle shaft and have it shortened, but that will take 2 weeks, In the next 2 weeks, we are putting in 16 systems and it's just really tough to try and do it all with just 1 machine.
I have taked to some of my buddies that run burkeens and no luck with the axle, we are still looking and I am sure we will come up with something.
Thanks for the help