1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Burned Out Lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mklawnman, Jul 24, 2003.

1. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

:angry: Man is it dry here, havent had any rain in three weeks now and its really showing now, all the lawns are brown that I take care of and they look ugly :mad:
    I really hope we get some rain soon otherwise we won't be mowing for another two weeks at the earliest.:( :confused:
    You guys out east are getting all our rain that we need. Luckily I have other work like mulching and trimming to do otherwise I wouldnt have much work to do till mid August when I have to work on a lawn install. Kinda weird that about month and a half ago I was double cutting most of my lawns:rolleyes: Which Id rather be doing that looking at freeken brown lawns :blob2:
    Hope the rest of you have nice green lawns:cool:
    Matt

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

No, brown here too. :mad: :angry: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

And not enough water to go around. :(

3. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

Same Here:angry:

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

cut some today, like swamps. hope you guys get the rain you need. hey, try what i do. drink like 15 beers, then dance around in the back yard in your underwear. dont work huh? hmmm, i been doin it all year, and its been raining lots. try it.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ours were turning brown as well but the recent rains have saved
    us as well.hope you get some rain soon.

6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Lovin every minute of our rain!! Last year was 2 months of drought.....

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yep, cutting nothing but dust last year.

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

It has rained here often enough and just in time to keep the lawns green and growing. Calling for more rain this weekend, will keep things going I hope. Last year, everything was DEAD!!! ARGH!

:D

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

After 3 seasons of drought conditions. What we have now is a blessing. Love the cooler days. OK, so it rains. Don't you all cut through the rain?

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

No. I don't cut in the rain, it's not worth the hassel. I'll take a rain day in the middle of July over 2 months of drought July through August.

:D