Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry: Man is it dry here, havent had any rain in three weeks now and its really showing now, all the lawns are brown that I take care of and they look ugly :mad:
I really hope we get some rain soon otherwise we won't be mowing for another two weeks at the earliest.:( :confused:
You guys out east are getting all our rain that we need. Luckily I have other work like mulching and trimming to do otherwise I wouldnt have much work to do till mid August when I have to work on a lawn install. Kinda weird that about month and a half ago I was double cutting most of my lawns:rolleyes: Which Id rather be doing that looking at freeken brown lawns :blob2:
Hope the rest of you have nice green lawns:cool:
Matt

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
cut some today, like swamps. hope you guys get the rain you need. hey, try what i do. drink like 15 beers, then dance around in the back yard in your underwear. dont work huh? hmmm, i been doin it all year, and its been raining lots. try it.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by mtdmaster
No. I don't cut in the rain, it's not worth the hassel. I'll take a rain day in the middle of July over 2 months of drought July through August.

:D
We used to love the rain days. This year there is just no way we can take them. Our schedule is tight. Have to have the Saturday open for the BIG jobs and can load up with men.

Don't think we are out cutting in pouring rain or full blown thunder storms, cause were not. The heavy stuff the guys run for shelter and wait for it to ease up.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I'll mow in a drizzle, or light rain. But if it's raining all day, I'm out. Sopping wet lawns that clump and turn into a mess suck, and I'd rather run behind than deal with it. But if ya gotta do it, ya gotta do it.

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.