burying piping from gutters

Mow Money Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a long time customer of mine that I have been doing lawn maintenance for the past several years. She wants me to help her with the drainage problem throughout the entire yard. I want to rent a ditchwitch and dig a trench about 60 ft. leading into the woods/creek. The water goes to this area already so there is no problem there. I will be burying piping to redirect the water flow so it will no longer erode her yard. I would have the elec., water and gas companies there to mark utilities. I will talk to the county to see if there is any issues with the job, get a permit if needed, etc.

My question is: do I need a license to provide this service? I do not need a license for lawn maintenance where I am but I do if I sell any products. I will have my customer purchase all of the piping, sand, etc. so all I am doing is the work.

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
My question is: do I need a license to provide this service? I do not need a license for lawn maintenance where I am but I do if I sell any products. I will have my customer purchase all of the piping, sand, etc. so all I am doing is the work.
check with the contractors board for monetary limits and fish and game / environmental health for regs, here you could be "facilitating conveyance" i believe it's called.

JeffY

LawnSite Senior Member
Here in Omaha, you need a pipe layer's (sewer) license to even put in draintile from gutters and you must have the outlet discarged on the owner's property.

Top Forums