• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

burying piping from gutters

Mow Money Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a long time customer of mine that I have been doing lawn maintenance for the past several years. She wants me to help her with the drainage problem throughout the entire yard. I want to rent a ditchwitch and dig a trench about 60 ft. leading into the woods/creek. The water goes to this area already so there is no problem there. I will be burying piping to redirect the water flow so it will no longer erode her yard. I would have the elec., water and gas companies there to mark utilities. I will talk to the county to see if there is any issues with the job, get a permit if needed, etc.

My question is: do I need a license to provide this service? I do not need a license for lawn maintenance where I am but I do if I sell any products. I will have my customer purchase all of the piping, sand, etc. so all I am doing is the work.

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
My question is: do I need a license to provide this service? I do not need a license for lawn maintenance where I am but I do if I sell any products. I will have my customer purchase all of the piping, sand, etc. so all I am doing is the work.
check with the contractors board for monetary limits and fish and game / environmental health for regs, here you could be "facilitating conveyance" i believe it's called.

JeffY

LawnSite Senior Member
Here in Omaha, you need a pipe layer's (sewer) license to even put in draintile from gutters and you must have the outlet discarged on the owner's property.