1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bus Cards left at Local Businesses?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Feb 21, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few local businesses allowing me to leave mini postcards (yes I meant mini) at their place of business. One of them is a very popolar sandwich shop, another is where I get my hair done, massage therapy, and an antique shop. Idea is to print out cards probably 2.5x3 with my doorhangers info on them.

My question is:
    Has anyone else done this and if so what has been the response you have gotten? All of these places are high traffic areas and I know the owners of all of them, so they are putting them right by the cash register in a easy to see place.....

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have left some at my friends moms ags station and get 3 or 4 calls out of 25 cards that are missing

3. rtyus

rtyus LawnSite Member

We have some scattered at different places in town. You won't get a lot of response but it's a fairly inexpensive easy way to get your name out there.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hit places like your local greenhouses and farm market. That is when people have that "mindset", and will be more likely to call you. The "massage therapist" place is a good idea, because these are the type of people who tend to spend money. They like having services done for them. Some of the pricier restaurants are a good way to go, too.

5. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I have a great client that works at a local and well-known retail nursery. She hands out my business cards to people expressing interest in paid landscape/maintenance services.

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I have business cards a local businesses in the littler holder. Most wont let me put up a flyer.