1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bus. License?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ChadA, May 31, 2005.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I did a mulch job sunday. (Pics are in the pictures forum) Well anyway the price went up through out the job because she kept wanting us to do extra work. Extra work = more money right. So the final price was $600, The job was quoted at $450. Well she wasn't at all happy with the new price and made that very clear. Anyway she paid and that was that. I get a call today from her saying she wants me to send her a reciept and my bus. License # and insurance # because her husband works for the IRS and he likes to keep all of his reciepts. Now I always send a reciept in the mail after the checks have cleared with a letter thanking them for choosing us to do the work, Just PR stuff.
    I have no problem sending her all the stuff she requested. I'm licensed and insured and I pay my taxes. Its just the way she said it was like she was up to no good. Am I required to send any of this stuff she asked for other than a reciept.

2. betterlawn

betterlawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

If you're a business you should have a tax ID#, if you're not incorporated, you would use your SS#. They would want your SS# if you're not a business and they want to send you a 1099 at the end of the year. If you are a business, you've already collected taxes and they don't need to do anything.

That said, I've never gotten a tax ID number from any company that has done work for me. I could them wanting proof of insurance BEFORE a job, but not after.

I would just send them your standard receipt. It sounds a little wierd. I'm sure you are not REQUIRED to send it.

3. BrunswickMowing

BrunswickMowing LawnSite Member

Who would "require" you to do this? They can't force you to do any of that nonsense. She was most likely trying to scare you, thinking you don't have a licence or insurance.

What was the extra work that ammounted to $150? And this was work that was definately not agreed upon? She seems to be pretty steamed over the extra charge.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi ChadA,

This doesn't sound like a problem.