1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush hog help

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by crazy man, Apr 23, 2020.

1. crazy man

crazy man LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone is doing well with all going on currently, hopefully over sooner than later.
    I have a customer asking me to bush hog this area so I can use mowers and cut once a month. I have never done that kind of work and I am looking for a ballpark on time it would take. The unit will be a walk behind 24" rented. I do not want to run my mower thru anything until I chop it down so I can see what is on the ground. I am sure there will be some cans, bottles and other trash to clean out. Anyone done this and have a ballpark on time based on pics attached. Thanks in advance.

C.M.

20200423_102248.jpg

20200423_102209.jpg

20200423_102213.jpg

2. Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc LawnSite Senior Member

I do them for @150 an acre plus rental of walk behind! I’m assuming your using a billy goat or some similar version?

I try as best I can to get a few of these over the course of a few days, and usually get something done on small areas of our ranch, like out hay storage area.

3. Greagle

Greagle LawnSite Member
    from Alaska

Billy Goat will easily take that down, not really that high. Just watch out for down trees that might be underneath. My guess should take a few hours based on photos. But then you need to decide what to do with clippings? Also keep in mind land probably will have natural low/high spots and might be wet/muddy.

4. OP
    OP
    crazy man

Thanks for the replies. We crushed it out yesterday. I had my "young helper" with me (25) He did the entire thing in 3 hours while I did some weed eating along the creek area. It was a good job for us. Now we will cut it all only once a month unfortunately.

hort101 likes this.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

was it a billy goat?

6. Jeff@diyokc

Name of the company and equipment for lawn vacs, blowers, self propelled brush cutters! Usual see them for rent at Home Depot.

7. OP
    OP
    crazy man

It was a billy goat. 26 wide. Rented from Home Depot.
    [​IMG]

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What is rent per day?

9. Jeff@diyokc

$55 and up for 4 hours, more for 1 day week or monthly

10. Jeff@diyokc

In the Southwest, they take them to a broker in ft worth if they cant sell them, at about the 18 month point, or sooner if it’s not hitting its metric for rental.