1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bush hog ZTR's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, May 31, 2006.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

2. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Earlier this year I almost bought one, looked like a very tough unit for the price.Only problem was they had it sitting outside so long it had surface rust. Ended up with a Hustler instead.

3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and I love it. Very well built machine, plus it comes with lights standard:dancing: :dancing:

4. klm2

klm2 LawnSite Member

I have a 2561 and it is an outstanding mower, built like a tank and handles great!

5. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

what would a 48'' deck run?i have looked at them before at my JD dealer but never got a price.they look real good and sit nice.

6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from an American Legion ballgame at The Lumberyard (Copeland Park) in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. On my way into the park I noticed the cutting equip. under the grandstands. And of course I had to go take a little look-see. They had a bush-hog w/ 73" deck i believe. The field looked to be cut very nicely- very evenly, although not striped. Didn't look like a weak machine to me.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I drove a 73" model my friend had and it was a very rough riding. Maybe too much air in the tires. Lots of rattles and shakes. Handling didn't seem too good to me. I was built heavy like a tank but also handled like one. It has a very wide stable footprint so it felt good on the slope where I tested it. Just my opinion. I've only been on one so I wouldn't put too much in my opinion at this point. Looks as heavy built as a Scag.