• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Business Liscense

muxx

LawnSite Member
I am from Ohio, and I need info on business liscenses. Who do you contact? Is it required? I have been in business for 15 years here and heard that you should have one. I have Fed ID # and Workers Comp, and accountant has never said anything. Most LCO's in our area don't have them. I want to get one to be on the safe side, but who do you contact? Any info would be great.

lrose2

LawnSite Member
Go to www.state.oh.us and you can find the info. You will need a service vendors license. Then you get to collect sales tax and pay it to the great state of Ohio just like the rest of us. It will be such great fun!

lost mountain

LawnSite Member
Although not required, I registered with my town and I now receive a yearly property tax bill on my equipment.
On your equipment? I received one about the property itself and also, I believe product inventory. None of this applies.

Rhodester

LawnSite Member
Yes, municipal property tax on equipment used in the business.
ALL of my equipment, including the computer I'm on now and the chair I'm sitting in.

It's a depreciation schedule, but since most of my equipment is new, I'll be taxed at 95% valuation for last year.

Accountant said give them only the basics...Trailer, mower, blower, trimmer.
That will keep them happy.
They'd have to do a physical audit to find the rest.

Everybody wants their piece of the pie.

Dave

OP
M

muxx

LawnSite Member
I found the vendor section, thanks for the input. Now, does anyone know if this is a requirement for the state of ohio?