Business Partner Needed - Central Minnesota

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by GrowingEV, Jan 10, 2018.

1. GrowingEV

GrowingEV LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I'm looking for a business partner in the Central Minnesota Area. I started my company last year and realized I will need some help going forward. Ideally I'm looking for someone that already has clients and would like to expand or grow into a larger company.

If anyone is interested please message me and we can discuss further.

Thanks!

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Sorry for poking fun here, but you're looking for someone else, who is already going and has their momentum, and they want to partner with you why?
    What do you bring to the table?

Typically a partnership is like a marriage.
    Two people get together for mutual benefit; example, they both want to have kids, but they cant do it - or its much harder- without the other person.

Most partnerships that work have a money man and an operations man.
    One guy has the experience, the other guys has the funds and knows how not to waste them.
    Very seldom do two "operations guys" work well together; if they had this capacity, they wouldn't be owners, they'd be the guy that works for someone else as upper management,
    75% (possibly more) of the owners in this industry, ARE owners because they make terrible employees, don't like sharing/cooperating and resent taking orders; coincidentally those are traits that make terrible partners too.
    Which is why there is so many failed partnerships in our field.
    Don't buy or share what you can build yourself.
    Food for thought.

3. GrowingEV

GrowingEV LawnSite Member

While you do have some good points, you didn't really post anything which isn't obvious. I left the post intentionally vague because I want to see whats out there.

I have a certain set of skills, and I would like to find a partner with a complementary set of skills. If I find a partner....great. If I don't I keep growing the business alone and life goes on.

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Do this.

TPendagast, Mark Stark and Mitty87 like this.
  5. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

You want a partnership because you are having trouble getting clients or because you don't have enough money to get your business going properly?

Start now with a DIY website, in digital forum here you will get lots of help to put yourself ahead of 50% of other companies. Get a part time job and take whatever jobs come your way. I was able to quit my part time job in June last year and have had steady work since. General consensus is partnerships are bad, two or three guys here had luck but it's going to be hard to find a stranger willing to give you a piece unless you've got lots of cash to invest.

GrowingEV likes this.
  6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Actually
    Just about everything I said seems not to be obvious
    People keep going into partnerships
    They fail faster than even the normal landscape businesses

7. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Platinum Member

Central MN is a big area.
    Can you pin point your location a bit closer?
    I'm in Grand Rapids MN.

hort101 and JLSLLC like this.
  8. Mow-Daddy.com

Dang, my furure partner disappeared on me ?
    I'm guessing your just west of StCloud?

hort101 likes this.
  9. Mow-Daddy.com

I will be at the Richmond arena sat evening for a couple hockey games.
    My Daughter will be refereeing 2 games.

10. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't really want a partner do you or just take him under you wing and help him out?