1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Business plan???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dig-it Landscaping, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Dig-it Landscaping

Dig-it Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have used the search function and came up with few usefull results. I am wirting a business plan for my company now and want it to be as usefull as possible so i can stick to the plan that i draw out. If anyone would be kind enough to share hints or suggestions, or even their own plan it would be greatly appreciated.

PS i wont copy anyones plan i just want some examples so i can compare strong points when making up my own.

Collin

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to hear you are writing a business plan...

I would go down to your local store or on-line and purchase a 'how-to' book on business plans...this will help a lot..imo.

Also, you may get a better response to this thread if you post a specific question, or list what you have already have accomplished and ask for opinions or recommendations.

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Remember that business plans change as your goals change. They are never a finished product. All of that being said.....I have no business plan!

4. studentlawn

studentlawn LawnSite Member

tsk tsk.. if you fail to plan you plan to fail!... try going to a library. there should be some type of business reference section. there are references dedicated to the publication of business plans in various industries. I have found it very helpful to read business plans in other industries just so I can grasp the overall concepts of a business plan..

my opinion= spend some time at the library.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Dig-it Landscaping,

Here is a post for you. There are about 8 different business plans there. Feel free to use the questions to get yourself started and then if you'd like, share your answers with us!