But the other guy was only going to charge .....

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
B60B5A56-75CF-4098-95B3-F9D9928E5829.jpeg
FD35C97B-7639-4DBA-A614-13D3C6BD5EA6.jpeg
received a call from a bank officer (red flag #1) that a current client referred me to them!

Gives me the address of a property in owasso, ok, been on the market for awhile and just Need reliable weekly mowing until the house sells, would like the grass bagged! (Red flag #2) I don’t bag grass, nor take on any that want that!

Further conversation reveals former service provider did it for $40, a little over an acre! Right away, I tell them that’s not even a range I would consider, as I charge $75/80! But as a courtesy to the person that referred me, I ll go take a look! Here’s what I saw!

The grass is at least 3 feet tall, the whole lawn, not just spots! Returned call to bank officer and urged them to call the other guy back!” He doesn’t do this anymore, said he wasn’t making any money”

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Charge him for a bush hog service then your price will be 90 per cut and walk away.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
Bagged? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

OP
Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
Charge him for a bush hog service then your price will be 90 per cut and walk away.
Your right @hal! We have several jd tractors up at the ranch, one is a 32hp with 5 foot brush hog! Told him I would at least brush hog it for @$300, but would encourage him to find someone to come over and cleAn it up with a zero turn! Immediately said that was way out of line, and that the high end was $55! I said good luck, as the abatement mowing and subsequent fines could easily exceed $500, and they wouldn’t be bagging!

OP
Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
Have to love it when they call for that. I've had dozens call and out of them all only one has ever agreed to my price.
Yes@jeremykuhn! In speaking with this guy, it was apparent to me that no one has been to this property from the bank! As he kept telling me how nice this property was! Yeah, nice with a small hay pasture surrounding it!!