Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Its getting near the end of the season, the dealers want to move that inventory off their floors for the '09 models because they are paying insurance for all that '08 inventory just sitting. You should go for it now because its likely you'll get a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Its getting near the end of the season, the dealers want to move that inventory off their floors for the '09 models because they are paying insurance for all that '08 inventory just sitting. You should go for it now because its likely you'll get a hell of a deal.
I second this motion, and it's what I did when I bought my Lazer Z at just about this time of the year. The prices might go a bit lower for a leftover in the next few months, but I think that's unlikely. And as saw man indicated, if you wait, your selection might slim down to the point where there may not be much to choose from.

·
Registered
958 Posts
If they are sold out in the winter then you wont get a very good deal. Act now while he has them and will still make a deal.
I second this motion, and it's what I did when I bought my Lazer Z at just about this time of the year. The prices might go a bit lower for a leftover in the next few months, but I think that's unlikely. And as saw man indicated, if you wait, your selection might slim down to the point where there may not be much to choose from.
I just bet the dealers love it when you guys go to the showroom at this time of year :) He's knows he's gonna take a beating, just don't know how much :hammerhead:.
Wise words from these three guys.. Just one small consideration to remember, your warranty will start now, even though the machine could be sitting in your garage unused for three months.

Good luck with your purchase, Phil

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bet the dealers love it when you guys go to the showroom at this time of year :) He's knows he's gonna take a beating, just don't know how much :hammerhead:.
Wise words from these three guys.. Just one small consideration to remember, your warranty will start now, even though the machine could be sitting in your garage unused for three months.

Good luck with your purchase, Phil

While this is true even if he waits till spring to buy it his warranty will expire during the months he doesn't use it either way. If you buy now you can save yourself some bucks. If you would rather wait to pay for it till later exmark has 12 mos. no payments deferred interest or 1.9% for 24 mos.

Right now you can buy a 52" 23Hp for $6899

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I hope that I am not hi-jacking his thread, but I am trying to make the same decision. Is $6,800 out the door a good price for the hp 46" with 19 hp Kawasaki with a mulch kit?

Thanks
Sounds high. I'd keep looking. Im assuming thats a Z and if so those units can be had in the 5-6K range. That seems to be on the high end, especially for that amt of horsepower and size deck. The mulch kit shouldnt cost you more then about $200 on average, but do allow for variance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.