1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

buyin truck need help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassman88, Feb 15, 2011.

1. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

ok i have these 2 truck and i dont know what one to buy

dodge is a 1994 3500 cummings trubo diesle motor 4x4 with under 90k miles with plow

fords is a 1995 f450 PS turbo diesle 2x4 with just over 200k miles without plow

both are dumps and under $6000 what do u thinks the better buy i love the ford but 2wd and i have to find a plow

94dodgeandplow015.jpg

fordf450.jpg

2. PonyExpress94

PonyExpress94 LawnSite Member

I say go with the Ford. It looks like it is in much better shape and higher mileage isn't as big a deal. That Dodge looks like it was pretty much used exclusively as a plow truck judging from the rust on the truck and the low mileage. Someone used the Ford, but definitely kept up with the maintenance on it, that thing looks CLEAN!!! I don't know what to tell you about the 4x4 vs. 4x2. I guess that depends on much you think you need it.

3. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

the only worry is plowing but if i have 2 tons of sand salt mix in the sander then i think it will push a house over well im hoping anyway lol