Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a backpack blower. I despise the Poulan I am currently using, and I can't wait to replace it with commercial-grade blower. My dealer up the road has a Shindaiwa EB500 for $389. Is this a pretty decent price? Last time I was there, he was pretty much picked over on Shindaiwas, so that prevented me from checking out the EB480. This is a slightly less powerful blower than the EB500 is, but oddly enough it weighs almost 2 lbs. more. I don't know what the price difference is between the two, being as he didn't have a 480 in stock. Plus, I failed to ask them while I was there. So, I'll have to inquire about that when I visit the dealer tomorrow. I assume most of you guys would opt for the EB500. The dealer also has Red Max, and I am gonna give them a closer look also. Any advice from you guys would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I don't know about the schindawa blowers, but I have a red max eb7000 and I love it. The power is amazing.
I think if I was you, I would consider spending a few more dollars and check into the bigger schindawa or a red max. The power will save time and amaze you....

·
Banned
328 Posts
Pott,

Do you have an Echo dealer in town?

If you do, the PB-603 is the best $399 you can spend. Very good power and lightweight. If you want the most power available you can step up to the PB-650 at $499....awesome!

By the way, Echo backpacks have a 2 year COMMERCIAL warranty!!

·
Banned
726 Posts
Don’t spend 80% of the cost for a top-of-the-line blower and get 60% of the performance. This isn’t the magnitude of buying a diesel engine versus a gasoline engine on a ZTR. If you’re in this line of work for the long-haul, you’ll forget about the price difference between a mid-line and a top-of-the-line model in a few weeks. But you’ll be dealing with the performance EVERY time you use that tool.

If all you’re doing is blowing grass off of dry pavement, then the lower-power unit would be fine. But what about when it’s wet, or just a large wet spot? Lots of power comes in handy when blowing in clumps of grass or digging leaves out of a flower-bed.

Contradicting myself, I have the large Shindawa and think it’s over rated. Never the less, if you could get the Echo PB750 for $450, that’s a great deal. Do a search on this website. I’ve yet to hear a negative word on them or the Redmax.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I own a Shin EB630. If you are interested in this model, I may be able to put you in touch with a dealer if you are in S.E. TN. I demoed the Stihl 420 and the 630. The Shin 630 won hands down. No good echo or redmax dealers around here, (that I have found)

Email in Profile.

Chris

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
i bought the echo PB750, same as teh 650, just with a bigger air cleaner and extra-padded strapps (worth their soaking wet weight in gold).. I paid $483 for a floor model that had never been started.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have Shini 630 and It will move a brick along ashphalt no worries. And most Importantly I have owned it for 3 years and the only thing I've had to fork out money for is new sparkplugs and the like. It shouldn't come down to price in the end if you ask me. I mean this should play a part in your decision but If you prefer a certain machine/brandname you should wait untill you can afford it. Don't settle for second best.

If your not happy with your work you may as well stay in bed!!:sleeping:

·
Banned
328 Posts
I have run them all and.....

nothing has the power of the Echo PB-650/750. I saw the 650 tested against everything out there including the Redmax 7001 and the Echo PB-650 won hands down for total power and was much quieter which is a nice added bonus!

The Shindaiwa 630 is much less powerful..the Echo PB-603 has the same amount of power and is $399!

·
Registered
791 Posts
"The Shindaiwa 630 is much less powerful..the Echo PB-603 has the same amount of power and is $399!"

Ah hello, is anyone home? dose this make sense?

·
Banned
352 Posts
:) Grass Master my echo pb601/same as the 603 has 513-CFMs at tube end, my Shindaiwa eb630 has 618CFMs at tube end, i believe your echo 650/750 has around 628CFMs i really can't tell the diff in 10-cfms myself.....Marks Mowing Service

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by Live4Mowin'
Doesnt the PB750 also have a tube mounted throttle unlike the PB650?
nah, you can get the jetpack style hip control too if you want. i opted for the tube control so i can do whatever with my left hand... (although i don't know what i'd do with it. :) )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.