Buying from wholesalers.

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by mporche, Jul 9, 2016.

  1. mporche

    mporche LawnSite Member
    Messages: 46

    What do I need?
  2. starry night

    starry night LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,740

    It depends on your state's laws and the rules of the given nursery. Contact the nursery or grower.
  3. Mc8541SS

    Mc8541SS LawnSite Member
    Messages: 21

    Most of the time you just need a business tax I'd.
  4. Side note:

    I only support nurseries that sell wholesale to landscapers only. There are nurseries here that will sell wholesale to everyone, which in turn screws things up for us. I will never give those places any business.
    mcdow and oqueoque like this.
  5. sgbotsford

    sgbotsford LawnSite Member
    Messages: 163

    No one cares here in Alberta. All but one of my suppliers has minimum quantities and/or minimum dollar value of an order. I have a rural address, and don't need a business license either. Trees are considered 'farm' and no farmer needs a business license.

    E.g. One seedling company sells whole boxes only (270 to 315 trees/box) Another has a minimum order of $750 per shipment.

    On the other foot, I do both retail and wholesale. But if you are a landscaper and come and buy 3 trees, and take an hour of my time, you get retail prices. You want wholesale, you buy wholesale quantities. 2-3K per batch.

Share This Page