1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Buying from wholesalers.

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by mporche, Jul 9, 2016.

1. mporche

mporche LawnSite Member

What do I need?

2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

It depends on your state's laws and the rules of the given nursery. Contact the nursery or grower.

3. Mc8541SS

Mc8541SS LawnSite Member

Most of the time you just need a business tax I'd.

4. Side note:

I only support nurseries that sell wholesale to landscapers only. There are nurseries here that will sell wholesale to everyone, which in turn screws things up for us. I will never give those places any business.

mcdow and oqueoque like this.
  5. sgbotsford

sgbotsford LawnSite Member

No one cares here in Alberta. All but one of my suppliers has minimum quantities and/or minimum dollar value of an order. I have a rural address, and don't need a business license either. Trees are considered 'farm' and no farmer needs a business license.

E.g. One seedling company sells whole boxes only (270 to 315 trees/box) Another has a minimum order of $750 per shipment.

On the other foot, I do both retail and wholesale. But if you are a landscaper and come and buy 3 trees, and take an hour of my time, you get retail prices. You want wholesale, you buy wholesale quantities. 2-3K per batch.