Buying New Mowers @ Factory price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busybee Lawns

LawnSite Member
AS a Owner of a Lawn service company. I find that the dealer gets in the way of my bottom line sort of speak.It would be nice, if there is some way to buy Mowers at Factory price. cut out the middle man. and keep a little bit of what money is left. Just my thoughts.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
That's fine and dandy if you do all repairs in house, than that way would be the way to go. If you need to have a dealer perform repairs then you would be screwed. I am not sure how warranty would work without a dealer either.
Posted via Mobile Device

whoopassonthebluegrass

LawnSite Platinum Member
Let's say the dealer takes an extra grand on purchase price. How much revenue will that mower generate in its life? In contrast, that extra dough to the local vendor doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I bought straight from dealer once. HUGE mistake. I am a do-it-yourselfer, but I can't actually fabricate failed parts like a spindle. And when you sacrifice local support/response time... well, whatever money you thought you saved on purchase price, you're gonna lose in downtime and reliability and image...

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
Just a thought... when did everyone get so greedy that they want to deny another man his ability to make a living? Why can't you just accept the fact that everyone needs to make a living and if you have a professional that provides you good service you should support them.

I must be getting old I'm referring to the good ole days. But the fact remains when we don't buy the cheapest crap from china and wherever else we support ourselves. The whole systems works pretty well when we don't take shortcuts.

Everyone whines and complains about low ballers and illegals then choose them for service for yourself because you save few bucks. Going to the cheapest car wash or using the cheapest pool service or maid service. All the time complaining and looking for more ways to shoot ourselves, economy and country in the foot.

My Saturday night rant...

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
As a solo operation this is not the best way to go about it and like others have stated the $1K of cash you save is not that big of a deal. The only real way that buying direct without a dealer support system would work is if you are a medium to large operation (think Valleycrest or Brinkman) and you buy several hundred machines a year and have all in house parts and service. This is a business model that is similar to large trucking companies. They often own several dealerships to buy and sell trucks through and then have all of the repair work done in house and then charge the manufactor the repair rate for warrenty work while using their own shop to perform the work.

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
AS a Owner of a Lawn service company. I find that the dealer gets in the way of my bottom line sort of speak.It would be nice, if there is some way to buy Mowers at Factory price. cut out the middle man. and keep a little bit of what money is left. Just my thoughts.
Open a dealership. You can save the money on your mowers and make money off of selling to others.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i guess i'm confused about the getting parts deal. you can still get parts at the dealer even if you don't buy the mower there. i'd say 95% of the time nothing breaks during the warranty period anyways so the warranty part of it is useless for the most part in my experience. i've never made a warranty claim in my life on anything. i've never had any issues with new products of any type. you can still pay the dealer to do repairs like you would normally have to do anyways when repair time comes (which generally will be after the warranty period has expired) so i guess i'm missing something here. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.