Buying New ZTR Mower, Suggestions please?

Deputy_Swan

LawnSite Member
Hello, I bought a new john deere Z445 last year 38" with bagger, 27 hp.. the mower has plenty mower, but the bagger is way to small.. get in any wet stuff and it plugs up the blower tube. So I am planning on getting ride of it and purchasing a commercial mower for 2012.. 52"-70 some inch.. with bagger.. budgeting about 8-14 k for the purchase...

any Suggestions? I am eyeing up a Deere Z925A EFi mower, a Grasshopper front mount deck mower... and some veryly new grasshopper Diesels I found on ebay with about 100-200 hrs on them in Indianapolis at a dealership...

Thanks.........

Trucklover

LawnSite Member
Hello, I bought a new john deere Z445 last year 38" with bagger, 27 hp.. the mower has plenty mower, but the bagger is way to small.. get in any wet stuff and it plugs up the blower tube. So I am planning on getting ride of it and purchasing a commercial mower for 2012.. 52"-70 some inch.. with bagger.. budgeting about 8-14 k for the purchase...

any Suggestions? I am eyeing up a Deere Z925A EFi mower, a Grasshopper front mount deck mower... and some veryly new grasshopper Diesels I found on ebay with about 100-200 hrs on them in Indianapolis at a dealership...

Thanks.........
Exmark and Scag are common around my area , and Ive seen them used lately for about 3-4k online might save you a few bucks!

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
What the tube opening. A lot of decks 52" and smaller will have small tubes and you be any better off, and you spent tons more money just to bag grass. You could also look into a bagging system that has its own motor. You'll have more suction and bigger tube. Or check out a walker or exmark navigator if your that into bagging. I don't know much about you or the type of property serviced. Sounds like you have plenty of money to throw around just to bag grass.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Deputy_Swan

Deputy_Swan

LawnSite Member
I ment it's 48 inchs.. All most all my customers want there grass mowed, and it's usually heavy lush grass as it's watered and fertilized regulary. I have yards 1/2 acre to a 6acre yard I mow..
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I would look at deere mod deck. You can shut it some so you don't bag everything. Mowerbrad has a 925 with 54 mod deck. He could tell you how it handles wet grass. I would get the biggest tube you van get. Also stay away from the vertical fan blowers like your mower has now. It harder to get wet grass to change direction like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

RGM

LawnSite Senior Member
Gravely 260 proturn is best I have ever had

jackal

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a Z930A with 60 mod. It does not do a very good job on tall or wet grass. It will cut your normal speed in half and leave a wind row on the discharge side. A dedicated mulch kit on a 7 iron deck does a better job but is still slow. In my opinion though, the 7 iron deck with the discharge open does a better looking cut anything I have tried. The dedicated mulch kit is excellent for leaves, on good grass it will turn them to dirt.