1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Buying out question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scchamblee, Aug 6, 2007.

1. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

There is a guy who wants to sell his yards... no mowers or equipment (wouldn't want them... old and wore out) he says he has 40 yards that bring in $5,000/ month. He wanted 7,500 for them and I said he was crazy... right now we are at 6,000. I still think that is alot considering it is this late in the season and they are not year round contracts.

Any input appreciated.

2. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

That's just over 1 months gross. Depends on many varibles such as how many are weekly cuts and how many are bi-weekly is the route tight and to a greater degree, how long have these customers been with him. I had an opportunity to buy out a LCO here a couple of weeks ago. He had too many bi-weekly accounts to suit me and wanted 4 months gross on the whole package. Was about 60% bi-weekly. We were too far apart on $$$ from the get go.

3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I would make a deal to pay the second 2500 they bring in for the next 3 months. If it doesnt pan out after 1 month, you give em back.