• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Byer(I think) mowers???

FFMED74

LawnSite Member
Anybody ever heard of the above brand? My pastor has one and I looked at it today, dusty but looked good, it was way back in barn. I need a 36" and it would do, if they are descent. I only need it for mayde 1 or 2 yards. Just wondered if anyone could help.
Thanks!

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by FFMED74
Anybody ever heard of the above brand? My pastor has one and I looked at it today, dusty but looked good, it was way back in barn. I need a 36" and it would do, if they are descent. I only need it for mayde 1 or 2 yards. Just wondered if anyone could help.
Thanks!
I think its a Buyers gold.

Birddog Lawncare

LawnSite Member
It's a Byers Gold. The owner of the company used to be with Bunton and then started his own business. THey are cheap, but well built as far as I'm concerned. I just bought that was used strictly as a back-up mower for a large lawn service. I paid $500 for a 36' WB. It starts on the first pull everytime. I'm pretty happy with it. I was told you can buy parts for it from Landscaper's Supply.

OP
FFMED74

FFMED74

LawnSite Member
Funny that you say Landscaper supply, I own one of those 48" belt , but will be moving it to back up soon I hope. I started very small and little money, now that things are improving I can look for a new front line mower, not that the byer will be that, exmark hydro....Front line, 36" for small gated yards and such.