1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Byer(I think) mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FFMED74, Apr 8, 2004.

1. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Anybody ever heard of the above brand? My pastor has one and I looked at it today, dusty but looked good, it was way back in barn. I need a 36" and it would do, if they are descent. I only need it for mayde 1 or 2 yards. Just wondered if anyone could help.
    Thanks!

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I think its a Buyers gold.

3. Birddog Lawncare

Birddog Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

It's a Byers Gold. The owner of the company used to be with Bunton and then started his own business. THey are cheap, but well built as far as I'm concerned. I just bought that was used strictly as a back-up mower for a large lawn service. I paid $500 for a 36' WB. It starts on the first pull everytime. I'm pretty happy with it. I was told you can buy parts for it from Landscaper's Supply.

4. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Funny that you say Landscaper supply, I own one of those 48" belt , but will be moving it to back up soon I hope. I started very small and little money, now that things are improving I can look for a new front line mower, not that the byer will be that, exmark hydro....Front line, 36" for small gated yards and such.