Cable vs Electric- What's it about?

plowguy06

LawnSite Member
through the forum, catalogs, etc, I have seen things about cable operated plows. can someone please explain what they are, how they work, etc?

cwlo

LawnSite Member
In a cable operated plow, the power units angling, and raise/lower controls are connected to the joystick via a cable. The newer units have done away with the cables, and instead use electric solenoids.

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
Had an OLD cable controlled MEYER lift. NON-power angle. The cable controlled the valve which lowered the plow. Push lever in and it closed valve and it touched a little black button which sent 12V to the BIG motor and pump. It was loud and really put a strain on the old battery and 35 amp alternator! It looked like todays E-60's. Anyone ever plow with this NON-power angle setup?

GeoffDiamond

LawnSite Bronze Member
Have plowed with non power angle. The day they ever try to sell non power angle is the day I go out of BIZ. I had non power angle on one of my 70s Fords.

Geoff

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
plowguy,

Thats the one! O to remember the good old days.

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
had one on a mid-60s Jeep J-20. Up and down, controlled by a rod thru the firewall which activated the valve on the pump. To angle, you got out, pulled the pin, manually pivoted the plow, then re-insert the pin.

Theyve come a long way baby.

RB

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah, I remember my dad use to tell me "one to the left or right" and I'd have to jump out pull the pin and move it. I miss those days! lol

Ron

Top Forums