Calibrated my boom sprayer does this seem right?

woodlawnservice

LawnSite Bronze Member
It's a 25 gal fimco boom sprayer with grey floodjet numer 3 nozzles. They are spaced 40" apart with s height of 16" off the ground... I measured out 200ft, averaged my time and it was 35 seconds... I have 2 nozzles on the boom. My nozzles output measures 44 oz in 35 seconds. All this equals to about 4 mph and an output of 21 gal acre... Is this to high for most pre ms and post em products? Such as gly, 24d, prod, simazine etc....
Posted via Mobile Device

countryclublawnllc

LawnSite Member
I have always had good success between .3 and .5/1000 water rate for herbicides and fertilizers. If you want to extend your range per tank you could certainly go lower and get good pre-emergent and broadleaf control. Systemic fungicides and some insecticides you would likely want to bump that water rate up depending on the target.

John

Cadzilla

LawnSite Senior Member
Thats kinda high for what you want to do. You need tighter nozzles or a pressure regulator. Probably both. IMO

Well....actually it's not bad. I'm just all low volume anymore and of that mindset.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Should work fine. You mean about a half-gallon per thousand sqft, right? How wide is the pattern on cement? Should be 80 inches--perhaps around 6 feet after allowing for overlap.

countryclublawnllc

LawnSite Member
If your nozzle spacing is 40 inches with with TK 3 nozzles then your height really should be up between 18-20 inches. At that point if you have a 6 foot effective coverage with overlap then you would be putting out 88oz/1200sq ft which equates to .58gal water/1000 or 25.2gal/Acre. Here are a few links on the teejet website that explain height and spacing. I would still go down to a TK 2.5 or even a 2 which at 30psi will give you anywhere from 16 down to 13 gallons/acre at 4mph.

http://www.teejet.com/media/14ca622c-3cf5-4e1e-8887-b8b7d8f0231e-CAT50-US_LoRes_p026.pdf

http://www.teejet.com/english/home/...l-information/spray-coverage-information.aspx

http://www.teejet.com/english/home/...nozzle-spacing-and-minimum-spray-heights.aspx

John

OP
W

woodlawnservice

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ok so lets day my label say .75 ounces an acre... While let's say I'm using my surrent setup( which I will change to smaller nozzles as suggested) and I'm sprayin the 25.2 gal an acre or .58 gal of water per thousand. How do I go from here to determine how much chemical to put it? All these measurements was at 4 mph, so in order to achieve my goal of .75 an thousand, do I need to pick my speed up correct? And what if I combine say 3 different chemicals, gly, 24d, an a pre em. And all say max rates are .75 a thousand( just for example) do I add the same amount of product on each one or do I technically reduce the rates since they r combined together? Does this makes sense?
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens

LawnSite Fanatic
How do I know if it's half a gallon per thousand or what not? I hadn't determined that yet
Posted via Mobile Device
Measure out the square footage of your test area. Then check out how much liquid you used after your test run and calculate the amount of water per 1000 square feet.