Lawn Care Forum banner

California landscaping... No trailers?

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  zechstoker 
#1 ·
So I am in California visiting this week and every landscaping truck does not have a trailer.. It's just a pickup truck most with ladder racks and equipment strapped to it and all in the truck..

I am just curious as why no one uses a trailer like we do down south or what laws restrict the use? I am in the Los Angeles area..
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
In the LA area my truck and trailer gate down would be too long for most residential lots. Add in issues of a place to park equipment at night (at home or rented facility) and it makes sense to keep it small.

#8 ·
Yea its kinda crazy, i live in CA and i have never seen a residential yard ever mowed with a 36" or bigger mower.....ever!!!
You would be surprised at the massive lawns that are mowed with 21" mowers. Some of these are huge mansions and they will have 3 guys mowing for hours at a time. IMO, a huge lawn mowed with a 21" looks ugly.

But the majority of lawns are small so i understand why most wouldnt have a trailer.

#9 · (Edited)
Yea its kinda crazy, i live in CA and i have never seen a residential yard ever mowed with a 36" or bigger mower.....ever!!!
You would be surprised at the massive lawns that are mowed with 21" mowers. Some of these are huge mansions and they will have 3 guys mowing for hours at a time. IMO, a huge lawn mowed with a 21" looks ugly.

But the majority of lawns are small so i understand why most wouldnt have a trailer.
I had lawn business in Simi Valley/ Thousand Oaks area in the early 1990s. I used a van and it worked out well. I miss the days of cutting everything with a 21" mower. My expenses were next to nothing.

I do much nicer homes her in Bamaland, but bigger mowers and bigger trucks add up real fast, I mean real fast.

Theft in California is out of control, a trailer would be stolen before you knew what happened, not to mention the lots are real small and parking is a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.