1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Ferris Dudes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hulan2, Mar 25, 2005.

1. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

I found a 48'' single hydro 4 years old 13 or 14 horse. Dealer says LCO had it as a back up mower 100-200 hours. Ran the mower and all seems good on it. It starts on 1- 2 pulls. The thing about it is the guy who had it never cleaned it by the cosmetics. However, it is just plain dirty, no dents or rust. The price tag is $1795.00 he says he will take $1700 + tax. Is this a good deal? This will be the first used piece of equipment I have bought if I buy it. I do not have enough use with my accounts to justify a new one. This e-bay link shows a mower that is almost identical. What do you think? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4366554323&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

2. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Doesn't sound to bad from what you have described about the mower. What motor is on the unit? Fc 401v is 13hp Fc420v is 14hp Kaw. Price maybe a little high> I personally wouldn't give him more than $1500. Also what do you mean by "Cosmetics".

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Bueler...Bueler...