Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you had trouble with your old style surfer leaving a little windrow right at the outside of the chute? My deck is clean, I have new highs and it still leaves a little windrow. You can see a little tornado action at the back of the chute and the grass just swirls around. This is on dry grass that shoud not be doing this.
I did try a gator on the right side and that seemed to help a little.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Little Windrow? I thought my Surfer was designed to leave nice thick clumps of grass everywhere-mine does a great job at it. I've given up on trying to get a nice cut from my Surfer. I demoed a Lazer Z today and the difference was night and day in cut quality. I run gators or high lifts on mine-does OK, as long as the grass isn't long or wet. Is your deck "pitch" set correctly?"

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Originally posted by Simone Lawn Service
Little Windrow? I thought my Surfer was designed to leave nice thick clumps of grass everywhere-mine does a great job at it. I've given up on trying to get a nice cut from my Surfer. I demoed a Lazer Z today and the difference was night and day in cut quality. I run gators or high lifts on mine-does OK, as long as the grass isn't long or wet. Is your deck "pitch" set correctly?"
Just so you know i bet i can leave better clumps with mine. Maybe ill post some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.