Camera system / Security system

BennettsLawnandLand

LawnSite Member
Hello all,

I have been looking at camera systems for my new shop location. Curious what everyone has been using and what you like/prefer, options or features that you can't live without or wish you would have gotten. Also, paid up front and free vs monthly subscription to service pros vs cons? I have an 8000 sq foot shop. Front and rear entrances, along with two garage doors on the rear. I will be putting another garage door in the front, so I will need to add a camera. I am thinking minimum 5-6 cameras to start, and would like to be able to add more.

Thank you all!

jonthepain

LawnSite Bronze Member
We use arlo. Sort of. It quit working a few months ago - the cameras will no longer sync with the base station - so five cameras and a base station were a total waste of money.

Well they weren't a waste when they worked. They were very cool when they worked. I got video of the delivery guy dropping a $2000 door off of the truck and damaging it. The installers hung it anyway.

Lowes didn't believe me till i showed them the video.
So they replaced it .

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I got an aanke system off amazon, holding up after 3 years, was around $300, picture is good, but not as good as the ring doorbell, for example

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
I use my local alarm company. Had them install 2 hd cameras pointing at my equipment area and trucks. For the 2 cameras and system was about $800. Only adds $20 a month to my system cost. And I can add 2 more cameras and it doesn't raise the monthly fee.

AlohaMowing

LawnSite Senior Member
I'd also like to see recommendations, specifically for solar powered cameras that are weatherproof and have internal memory to keep the recording. I do not need real-time monitoring, just want to be able to get images after the fact if there is an intruder, and I have no power, no wifi, no connections of any type at a remote site.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
If u have access to hook up a 12v system off a car battery... Dieselboss.com

Was and still am considering these for my work vehicle so I can see what the guys are actually doing on the lawn and to see who might come up on my trailer or truck at night .

Oxmow

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have Ring spotlight cams on the exterior of my building covering the front doors and parking lot, and alongside the building where some of my equipment is stored. 2 cameras cost 350.00 I can look at them virtually anywhere. Plan on getting a couple more to put one inside my shop bay to see what my guys are doing when I'm not here, and one inside the office, as that's the only way to the shop before you unlock the overhead door to the bay. Although I am thinking about putting another exterior entrance door on the side of the shop to access the bay without having to go through the office.

I forgot to add that you have to have the Ring subscription to access archived video of your camera. Mine just renewed, and it's 100 for a year.

Where the Pavement Ends

LawnSite Member
We have a local alarm company for security. It's a typical set up. Entry points and motion detectors.

Two weeks ago, my neighbor who is an IT expert, told me about the cameras he just installed. Look up "wyze pan cam" Two cameras, 2, 28gb SD cards, 2 silicon weather covers and 2 25' power cords cost me $140.00. You set them up on your wifi network and you can see your shop/stuff/area from anywhere.