Campbell's equipment and work thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by AMC32, Apr 1, 2015.

1. AMC32

AMC32 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Lincolnton, NC

Happy Easter everyone! I figured since I have a chance today I'd post some more pictures from a job I did this week. I wasn't too sure how well it would turn out but the customer was really happy with it and I ended up liking it better than I expected.

IMG_20160327_13650.jpg

IMG_20160327_22628.jpg

IMG_20160327_30260.jpg

IMG_20160327_37528.jpg

2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to see everything is going well man, yards and truck looks good!

AMC32 likes this.
  3. AMC32

Thanks doc! Haven't seen you around in a while! Whatya been up to?

It's been a little bit since I last posted pictures but I've done a few pine needle install jobs and a much job and a few trimming jobs. Not sure I took pictures of all of them but I do have some! Also I've started to work with sod so I'm pretty excited about that and hopefully it keeps coming!

Not work related but right now I'm looking at buying either a Suzuki king quad 750 or kawasaki brute force 750 so I can get out and play more! Been wanting one for a good while just never been able to afford it but after going riding with some friends yesterday it reminded me of how bad I want one so that will probably be happening aoon

4. Dr. Cornwallis

Been messing around mostly. I sold a majority of my accounts at the end of 2015. I decided I was working way too much and things were getting stressful so, I sold off all of my late payers and yards I didn't like to mow to a guy that was trying to grow. I was honest with him about everything and gave him a great deal on the properties, I mostly just wanted out of them. I kept my three favorites and I now a fourth from time to time for an Army guy that lives next to one of my accounts; he keeps his yard in great shape and so it's easy for me to go next door and knock it out real quick, I'll mow for him when he's deployed or just busy with work. He's a good guy and pays what I ask without question so it's nice extra money from time to time.

I got back into mountain biking and bought a bike so that's been taking up a huge ammount of my time, about three days a week. I'd like to start racing this year too so I had to shrink the business down a lot. I'm just keeping things simple and easy, mowing half to one day a week. I'll pick of some more work as long as it fits my model but Im not hurting for money so, I'm in no rush to take on any account that's less than perfect. Feels good man.

Your working hard dude, sod is tough. Get your self that quad, those things are fun!

5. AMC32

Sounds like you've got it made now! I thought something happened to you since you hadn't really been around lately. Glad to hear it's good stuff though. Where do you go mountain biking at? That taco still holding up good for ya?

Friday I'll decide which one I'm getting! And if it rains I'm going to pick it up Friday too lol. I've always wanted my own and now that I can finally afford one it's time for me to start having more fun too. Practically everyone around me has one so I'll always have someone to go with and a good place to ride. Really looking forward to it

6. Dr. Cornwallis

Na nothing happened, I just read a little too much lawn site and was starting to hit that end of the uear burn out too. I also had a bunch of training to do with my full time job. Thought I'd give it a break for a little. Sad to see Mary lyn is gone.

Ride or die, ran or shine man lol. It poured the day after I bought my bike, zero shits were given, I rode anyway lol. The taco is holding up well, getting tired of shifting gears though, I may trade it in for a '16 auto or see about getting a Ram Cummins.

7. AMC32

Yeah that really sucks about Mary Lyn. I really liked her and I think that's gonna be the start of a downward spiral for gravely. She made a huge impact on sales for them and they let her go over a slow winter.

If you do get a Cummins get a good used one! All the emissions on them is just nasty stuff and really ruins the truck. I wouldn't get a new one and be stuck with all of it for 100k miles just to keep the warranty

8. AMC32

Well fellas here's my new toy! It's an 07 700 suzuki king quad with less than 300 hours. I got a pretty good deal on it and I love it so far. Planning to do a good bit of riding tomorrow so that'll be fun!

IMG_20160423_28117.jpg

IMG_20160423_38644.jpg

9. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome ATV man! Just wanted to ask. You posted a hedge trimming job that you had to trim a bunch of little round shrubs. What was it that you put on the floor to make clean up easier?

AMC32 likes this.
  10. AMC32

Thanks man! I love it. Got wheels and tires coming for it tomorrow lol. If it's the job that I'm thinking of I didn't put anything down to help with that clean up, I just raked up the majority of it because I was putting down mulch right after. Any other job I would have used some old beach towels because they're heavier and don't blow away or move as easy as other stuff will

By the way I have been working lately! A lot lol I have pictures as proof I just haven't had a chance to get them posted up here yet