Can 2 cycle gas or alcohol free pump gas

bulliebullybull

LawnSite Member
Ok guys I apologize I’m new to site and gave up looking through old blogs. In your opinion is can 2 cycle gas worth the premium or should I drive 40 miles to find the only pump gas without ethanol in it. I’ve been a brand loyalist of echo and sthil branded fuel and of course it’s insanely good and keeps the motors running very well but now my weekly contracts has me spending about $100 a week in the stuff. Any experience using the alcohol free pump gas for longevity of your small engine equipment? Sure you guys are aware of pure-gas.org this is good tool for Finding alcohol free gas.

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
If you use it fast enough and not let it sit for a month or longer the e10 is fine.
I recommend running premium too and using it up been running with ethanol for over 5 years
And red armor has stabilizer or add some stabilizer to mix especially if not using within a month topsThumbs Up

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
As was mentioned, mid grade or regular will work fine, right? Keep some of yer canned gas fer when ya store em.

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
As was mentioned, mid grade or regular will work fine, right? Keep some of yer canned gas fer when ya store em.
Think all manufacturers recommend 89 or above?
definitely echo does
Also good idea using canned fuel for storageThumbs Up

Smokindog

LawnSite Senior Member
I used to have issues with pump gas (e10) until I began the practice of putting Stabile Storage (or other favorite product) into each gas can before even filling the can and fuel injector cleaner in each tool every 3 or 4 fillups. Since then I've had very few issues. The smaller the engine, the smaller the carb jets/passages and the bigger the potential problems. I also try to make sure I run everything at least monthly or more and for things like my generator I always kill the fuel line and let it run the carb to exhaust.

I don't see any benefit in premium, it's not necessarily a more "powerful" product, it simply has different combustion characteristics and is typically for higher compression engines. When it was only 10 cents a gallon different it wasn't an issue worth discussion but now that it's 40-50 cents a gallon more it's worth mentioning!!!

OP
B

bulliebullybull

LawnSite Member
They prolly do.
Ever hand held I repair gets filled up with the shop mix of reg grade and regular ol' stihl oil.
Never had any complaints .
Don’t see problems with once a fill it’s the long term. I used echo fuel in an echo weed eater that lasted ten plus years with same spark plug staring up every spring. And every gallon of gas I use for the zero turn or any other four stroke gets stabil 360 performance. Works very well.