Can a trailer be too big?

OP
TSP Lawn Care

TSP Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
What brand of trailer is it?

To be honest I'm not 100% sure. But idk the more research I do I'm more so seeing it as a flip opportunity to make some quick coin

Brucey

LawnSite Gold Member
The brand and model are critical to determining value, as there can be a significant range of pricing depending on if it's some barely legal thing stapled together on the low end to premium aluminium models with all the bells and whistles and quality construction on the upper end.

OP
TSP Lawn Care

TSP Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
The brand and model are critical to determining value, as there can be a significant range of pricing depending on if it's some barely legal thing stapled together on the low end to premium aluminum models with all the bells and whistles and quality construction on the upper end.

I hear you Brucey, I know it was purchased from our local trailer spot that only sells well-known trailer brands. I can get the exact info from him on it but like i said im thinking about going a different route now. I just feel like itll more of a hassle than it will be helpful.

Shindaiwa_operator

LawnSite Fanatic
If you can make money flipping it then yeah, go for it! Short term storage solution only, imo. Put the money into a garage or whatever kind of building you want for long term storage. I yank a 7.5 by 24 bumper pull enclosed wit tall sides for my spraying business, but please understand that I’m hauling 2000lbs dry fertilizer around 600gal of water AND my Steel Green machine! Still have plenty of room up in the front for push spreader and spraying supplies! Mine weighs around 4500lbs empty. 2008 Duramax wit air bag hitch kit and delete and tune. Only pull my 24’ a total of 8-10 weeks each year.

Bumpmaster

Banned
If you can make money flipping it then yeah, go for it! Short term storage solution only, imo. Put the money into a garage or whatever kind of building you want for long term storage. I yank a 7.5 by 24 bumper pull enclosed wit tall sides for my spraying business, but please understand that I’m hauling 2000lbs dry fertilizer around 600gal of water AND my Steel Green machine! Still have plenty of room up in the front for push spreader and spraying supplies! Mine weighs around 4500lbs empty. 2008 Duramax wit air bag hitch kit and delete and tune. Only pull my 24’ a total of 8-10 weeks each year.
Phhhfff

OP
TSP Lawn Care

TSP Lawn Care

LawnSite Member

Thats a sweet setup but like you said you only use it X amount of times a year. Im probably just going to go smaller but still give me enough room for what i need. I need to not get stuck in a cul-de-sac otherwise its a waste of time and money!

Top Forums